Timber, Steel and Metals, Concrete, Glass, Insulation, and Other Materials Utilized for Structural, Building Envelope, and Interior and Finishes Applications in Commercial and Residential Green Buildings.
Demand for green buildings has remained relatively buoyant during the global recession. Although the downturn in construction activity has significantly affected materials producers of green and conventional products alike, the green buildings market appears to have slipped less than the buildings market as a whole. Sustained building growth in emerging markets and the opportunity for many materials to serve the retrofit and new-build markets have helped the green buildings and building materials markets avoid a crash. Navigant Research forecasts that the worldwide market for green construction materials will grow from $116 billion in 2013 to greater than $254 billion in 2020.
This Navigant Research report reviews the key market and regulatory trends that are contributing to the growing green building market, along with the commensurate growth in green building materials. Market forecasts, segmented by material element and material type and broken down by world region, are provided through 2020. The report includes profiles of more than 35 key industry players, along with detailed examinations of worldwide market drivers and barriers and technology issues.
Key Questions Addressed:
• What are the growth drivers in the global green buildings market?
• What are the key considerations in assessing a material's environmental performance, and what assessment schemes are commonly used by material manufacturers to establish environmental credentials?
• Which product types or product innovations are the leading contributors to higher performance buildings?
• Who are the key green materials manufacturers, and what steps are they taking to improve the performance of their operations and their products?
• What is the value of the market for green building materials, and how do the global regions for green building materials compare?
• What are the market forecasts for the green building materials market through 2020?
• What are the primary technology issues for green building materials?
Who needs this report?
• Building materials manufacturers and suppliers
• Building supply merchants
• Building developers and owners
• Building designers and engineers
• Green building policymakers
• Green building regulatory and standards-setting organizations
• Investor community